Military Institution "Morovic"


Đipša monastery in Vizić according to tradition founded by despot Jovan Brankovic sremski late 15th century. It was first mentioned in written sources in the late 16th century, when most likely dates back to the monastery church dedicated to Saint Nicholas. Since the beginning of World War II until 1922, the monastery was abandoned. Declared the independent monastery in 1923. In manastery guarded one holy book written in the late 15th or early 16th century. During the Second World War, the monastery church was razed to the ground, the monastery was severely damaged and the iconostasis was dismantled and carried off. Since 1980, the monastery was inhabited and is gradually being restored. 

Printer frendly


A+ A-


Weather Forecas

Follow Us